Everything you need to know …
A useful guide to ensure your Adventure with Bray Adventures is the best ever!
What to bring, where to eat, where to stay. We’ve got it covered.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
- By making your booking with us, you will be regarded as having had the opportunity to have read and understood our Terms and Conditions of Booking and to have actually done so before a contract between us came into existence.
- You accept that as the Lead Customer, making your booking has the authority to deal with us on your behalf.
- All participants must be over 18 years old unless participation is approved by their legal guardian.
- No provisional bookings will be taken. Bookings are not considered confirmed until a signed booking form and appropriate payment have been received.
- Deposits are non-refundable but may, at the discretion of the company directors, be transferable to another date or product
- Full payment must be received 14 days in advance of the start date of the course/activity/event.
- Cancellations made from 7 to 14 days in advance of the start date will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the total cost of the booking (1 to 7 days incur a cancellation fee of 75% of the total cost of the booking, cancellations made within 24hrs of the start date will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the total cost of the booking.
- If Bray Adventures has to cancel a booking for any reason the participants will be given as much notice as is possible and will be offered the choice of a full refund or a change of dates.
- Participants of activities/courses/events booked with Bray Adventures will be expected to abide by all health and safety regulations and instructions as outlined by Bray Adventures
- staff at all times. Failure to do so will mean immediate removal from the course/activity/event.
- Bray Adventures has full public liability insurance cover for all activities/courses/events provided by the company, details of which are available on request.
- Personal insurance against injury, accident or loss while participating in Bray Adventures activities/courses/events or for cancellation of travel plans is the responsibility of the client.
- Bray Adventures will accept no responsibility for the personal property of clients of Bray Adventures.
- Bray Adventures strongly recommend that all Participants take out / hold appropriate, Personal Accident and travel Insurance cover, covering participation in all adventure activities being undertaken.
- We emphasise that some of the events you may book are by their nature inherently dangerous and by participating in these you acknowledge and assume the inherent risks involved.
- The use of alcohol or drugs or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs whilst participating in such events is strictly forbidden.
- Our agreement with you and the service we provide to you is to source and book the arrangements for you. The majority of the arrangements will be provided by us, however there are times when we make use of external suppliers. We promise to use all reasonable skill and care in selecting the supplier(s) who will provide your arrangements. We have no responsibility for the provision of the actual arrangements themselves or for the acts or omissions of the supplier(s) concerned or any of its employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors. Please note it is your responsibility to show that all reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. Please note: we do not exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of our negligence or that of our employees providing they were at the time acting within the course of their employment with us.
- Some of the services which make up your booking maybe provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you.
- Clients with special medical conditions should also check that their GP considers them safe to book activity of interest and advise us of any such condition when booking. Necessary medication should be bought with you.
- Some of the activities you may book may require a good level of fitness, strength and endurance. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate level. Many events are not recommended for those with any disability, illness or infirmity. If you have an existing medical problem, allergies or disability which may affect your activity you must let us know the details of such condition before you make your booking.
- Failure to comply with above clauses will negate your rights to instigate a course of action or follow on proceedings against us. All reasonable care will be taken by us.
As you will appreciate; we have no control over the weather. The provision of favorable weather to allow you to take part in your chosen activities does not form part of our contractual obligations to you. There is always unfortunately the risk that you may be unable to take part in weather dependent activities due to poor weather. If this occurs, you will not be entitled to change or cancel your arrangements without paying our normal charges. We will assist you to find alternative activities or arrangements.
Bray Sailing Club Web Cam
Check out the current weather conditions in Bray: http://www.braysailingclub.ie/cameras/index.html
Check out all you need to know about the Sea Conditions: Wind, Waves, Swells and Surf: http://magicseaweed.com
What to bring on your Adventure
All equipment is supplied on all of our water and land based activities. Here’s a handy list of what you might need to bring.
Water Based Activities
You will need to bring the following items depending on your requirements / length of activity eg. Half Day or Full Day:
Swimming Togs / Suitable layer for underneath your Wetsuit (Wetsuits supplied) & Old Runners that you don’t mind getting wet!
Towel and dry layer for changing after your activity & Plastic Bag / Tub etc. to put your wet togs and towels and runners into for the journey home.
Lunch / Snacks / Drinks as required – On a Full day activity, you will need to bring a packed Lunch & Drink (There are plenty of Cafés, shops and Restaurants in the immediate vicinity too.)
Sunscreen and repellent (Seasonal) / Any personal medication required (please inform your instructor on the day in this eventuality).
Land Based Activities
You will need to bring the following items depending on your requirements / weather / length of activity eg. Half Day or Full Day:
Suitable Clothing for the Weather on the Day Eg. Rain Jacket, Rain Trousers, Warm Hat & Gloves, Good Warm Socks, Spare Socks.
Best to avoid Cotton and Jeans as they retain water, are slow drying, and become very heavy when wet. Choose sports wear or outdoor clothing where possible.
Hillwalking – Strong suitable Footwear such as walking boots as well as a Rain Jacket etc. & Knapsack/Backpack to put your jacket, drinks and snacks into etc.
Spare set of clothing for your journey home. Sunscreen and repellent (Seasonal)
Location, Accommodation, Parking & Local Amenities
Where are we based?
We are located on Bray Seafront, in Bray Co. Wicklow. Our Address is ‘Aisling’ Royal Marine Terrace, Strand Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow. Most of our water based activities are situated on the Seafront or in Bray Harbour, both beside our HQ. Our land based activities are based in the immediate vicinity and in close proximity to our HQ. For further info, check our the Map in the Contact Us section. The main Bus, Rail and DART Station are just 1 min walk away, feeding many connections and locations.
Is there local accommodation nearby?
Yes, there is an abundance of places to stay & choose from, both in the immediate vicinity as well as close by. Check out the following handy link: http://www.bray.ie/visit-bray/stay-in-bray/. We can also recommend Knockree Youth Hostel.
What about Parking?
We are located opposite an ample car lot with very cheap pay parking, as well as street parking bays all along the seafront.
Are there any local amenities such as Restaurants & Cafés nearby?
Yes, Bray Seafront is home to lots of Cafés, pubs and restaurants, with plenty of variety to choose from, as well as great Italian Cafés and Ice Cream Parlours. There are Public Toilet Facilities too. Bray Town and main street are just a 5 min walk away. The Bus, Rail and DART Station are just 1 min walk away, feeding many connections and locations.
Bookings, Opening, and Prices
How do I Book?
It’s simple. You can book by Phone or by Email. You can contact us by sending an email enquiry on our Contact Form, which you will find on the Contact Us page, or you can simply give us a call, and we can arrange your booking from there. Let us know the group number and type of Activity(s) you would like to do, and when you would like to do it. We can then confirm your booking.
Are you open all year round?
Yes, we open all year round. During Winter months, activities may be weather and conditions permitting.
How long does each activity last, and can I do more than one activity?
Each Activity lasts approximately 2 hours and you can do a half day (One Activity) or a Full Day / Multi Activity. Our Summer Camps are €100 per Child and run for 5 Days during the summer holidays. For Groups, Corporate Events & Hens and Stags, rates are available on request and subject to numbers and type of program required. Birthday Parties are €25 per person with Birthday Boy or Girl going Free on booking for Group of 8 or more! For further details, check out our Activities section, and also, our Training & Courses section which you will find on the homepage. You can contact us anytime via email or phone for a tailored estimate, based on your group and requirements.